3/31/2005

My Aunt Jean

My Aunt Jean passed away on March 16th. John's parents kindly came to New Hampshire to take Polly to the airport for me so I could travel to Hornell, NY for my Aunt's funeral.

Jack and Noreen were able to see Polly race at Waterville valley on March 18th. The weather was lovely, unfortunately Polly did not have a good day in the gates. I know she was pleased they came to see her race.


Aunt Jean was smart and funny and all about family. She was the family historian, she knew all the stories and told them well. We shared a common interest in political matters. Aunt Jean knew more about politics than anyone I've ever met.

My Aunt Jean had a wonderful collection of old family photographs. I was able to scan a selection and have uploaded them to the picture hosting website I use. You can find the entire collection at Flickr, the link is here.

The picture below is from my Aunt Jean's collection. My father is the little boy at far left, with my Aunt Ann, Aunt Jean, and Aunt Helen. There were eventually seven children in the O'Connor family. Pictures of my Uncle Patrick, Aunt Marguerite and Aunt Maureen can be found at the collection of family pictures.


O'Connor Family.Click to enlarge. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home