7/26/2005

2 Licenses and A Permit

Well, it finally happened.. Carrie passed her Driving Test! I was there and believe it or not she nailed the parallel parking.



And doesn't it figure that within a week of Carrie hitting the road, the 12 year old Montero died.

To add to the excitement, Polly now has her Driver's Permit. John took her out driving the day after she got her permit. He had Polly jump on one of the busiest highways around Philly and drive to heavily congested area around the mall. Apparently she did very well, I think all these years driving the tractors around the farm have paid off.

I was reading a political website and ran across this comment. I thought it was funny.

"But get this.

My 16 year old daughter had her license for precisely 12 days and 3 hours when she failed to brake appropriately upon arrival and slammed the family van though the garage wall into my bedroom.

She was unhurt. The damage was repairable.

Tonight, 5 months later, she backed out of the garage and hit the basketball hoop. In a panic she shifted gears forward and rammed back into the garage. Into... the... garage... wall.

I love her - I swear - but Kirsten, why do you hate the garage??"


and this response

"Heh, your story brought back memories of my newly-licensed 16 year-old who backed out of the driveway and managed to rip the outdoor faucet off the next door neighbor's house (read: giant flood) and then the following week backed out of the driveway straight into the side of an old Porsche.

It belonged to her visiting friend's Dad, his prize "antique" car, which we wound up buying from him to keep from having to report it to our insurance company. The wrecked "antique" porsche sat around for about five years, while my spouse pondered restoring it (yeah, right) and then it was finally hauled off to the junk yard.

Kids!"




There was another license obtained in the Evans's family. Polly passed her New Hampshire Boating Test and is now licensed to drive most watercraft in New Hampshire.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

Hey Nancy, haven't visited in a while. That drivers license reminded me of when I got mine. I had been driving without one for about 2 years and the very day - on the way back from passing my test..what did I do? Yelp, hit a car. My sister-n-law asked me if I wanted to drive home after we stopped at a store and I hit the car beside us. My brother wasn't happy with me at all. since I talked to ya, I got a new mobile home. I need to take some pics of it. We're not in it yet, still waiting on elec and water. Then I need to get a driveway, too. Oh, and I don't know if I told you, I got a bravenet journal. Not much different than my blog but I do get visitors sometimes. hint. hint.:-)http://tere05.bravejournal.com come see me. cyal, Tere

4:52 PM  
Blogger JanC said...

Hey Nancy...how's you, sorry it's been a while, been up to my eyes in paint...again!... take care.

JAN.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 AM  
Blogger JanC said...

Hey Nancy...long time no tag...lol.
How ya doing?... Hope all is well with you and yours, i've finally got all the decorating and spring cleaning done, talking of which, how's the renovations coming on at your place?
Well have a great weekend and come visit some time ok!

JAN.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home