4/26/2005

Dorothy Helen Bush c 1940

This is a picture of my grandmother, my mother's mother. I always thought she was beautiful, especially her eyes. My mother takes after her mother and my Aunt Nancy looks more like the Meade side of the family except she has her mother's eyes.

I plan to "photoshop" this picture and post the revised version as well. If anyone can make out the words in the upper right side of the photo, please let me know.

When you look at the enlarged photograph there are horizontal lines running through the picture. These lines do not appear on the original. I have noticed this on a couple of other pictures I've scanned... I haven't the faintest idea why ..

Click to enlarge. 


Photoshop version.Click to enlarge. 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nan,

Upper left says love mother, other is Nancy and something that starts with an M and ends in 2 ll's. Maybe Mom or Aunt Nancy know. Big help right.

Sue

12:53 AM  
Blogger The Evans Family said...

Yep, thats exactly what I thought. I don't think Mom or Aunt Nancy read the comments here unfortunately

Nancy

1:07 AM  
Blogger Amber Rose said...

I Googled my paternal grandmother's maiden name-Dorothy Helen Bush-and came upon this page. Did your grandmother marry an Ervin Smith? And have a son named Richard?
Thanks! Lovely picture either way!
Amber Smith
smith.amberrose@gmail.com

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home